6th Elvensword Ambassadorial FAQ

Where you go to talk about rules you encountered and to get clarification
Unorthodoxy

6th Elvensword Ambassadorial FAQ

Postby Unorthodoxy » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:16 pm

Q: For clarity, does the Super Formations itself count AS a Formation for purposes of the three Formation limit?
A: No, do not count the Super Formation (such as a Decurion or Dawn Blade Contingent "super-formation) in any way. This differs from the ITC. You are allowed three Formations total, whether they fall in or out of a Super Formation. If you opt for a third Formation, that third Formation must be a Combined Arms Detachment as described in the main rule book. The goal here is to see the full panoply of your Codex represented proudly, in victorious armed negotioations.

Q: If a unit exchanges its normal deployment option with the Genestealer Cult Ambush option, is it considered to have moved for purposes of Heavy weapons?
A: No, but it still cannot move in the turn it chooses this option of course.

Q: In missions in which Kill Points are counted, will Super Heavies/Gargantuan Creatures still yield a Kill Point for each 3 Hull Points or Wounds it suffers per ITC rules?
A: Yes.

Q: Will Super Heavies/ Gargantuan Creatures still yield a +1 to Seize the Initiative as ITC does.
A: Yes.

Q: Will we have access to Escalation Warlord Traits, for any reason?
A: No.

Q: When does the Haemotrope Reactor affect a weapon?
A: When that weapons actual name contains the word plasma/plasmic or when the weapon specifically says that it is a plasma weapon in its unit entry (not its fluff). For example, Pulse weapons are described as utilizing plasma in their fluff, but it is not in the end a “plasma” weapon according to its entry.

Q: Do the Army List Entries in Decurion style “Super-Formations” count against your 3 Formation limit, as long as I qualify otherwise to use them?
A: No

Q: Will any faction have access to Sisters of Silence, since they are not in a codex being represented?
A: Only the Adepta Sororitas Ambassador will have access to them. They may only take the Null-Maiden Task Force Formation (specifically).

Q: Is Hammer of Wrath forfeited if you choose to use a Grenade?
A: It will not be for this tournament

Q: When does a Fortification or Defense Network count, for purposes of whether or not you have achieved Sudden Death Victory against your foe.
A: Fortifications elements (such as the Gun on a Gun Fort) that have Wounds, or that still have weapons capable of auto fire, are considered “Alive” for purposes of Sudden Death. Any others are ignored.

Q: If I represent the Adeptus Mechanicus, may I use both the Cult Mechanicus and Skitarii books for my force?
A: Yes, subject to the same 3 Formation limitation as all Ambassadorial entourages have

Return to “Rules Discussions”